A lifestyle blog for those that love fashion and style, cooking and baking, event planning and entertaining, interior design and decor, and every little thing in between...

Thursday, January 5, 2012

affordable and fabulous jewels


A girl can never have too much jewelry, and especially when it's so reasonably priced and all over amazing.  Brooklyn Stars may just be one of my very favorite jewelry lines right now. The pieces have a downtown meets uptown feel.  They go perfectly with jeans and a tee but can also go with a dress and heels.  The necklaces and bracelets come in all colors, with all sorts of beads.  The prices can't be beat and they look much more expensive than they actually are.  I was lucky enough to sit down with the designer of this incredible new line, and I got some insight into her designs, as well as her personal life...


From Prosecco to Plaid: How did you come up with the name 'Brooklyn Stars' for your jewelry line?
Brooklyn Stars: It comes from one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands, Matt Pond PA. I also just love Brooklyn...I mean, who doesn't.


P to P: What is your inspiration behind your designs/creations?
BS: Like the shop name, each piece is named after a band, a song or an album that has influenced me in one way or another.  In general though, I just wanted to make easy-to-wear, cool and (most importantly) affordable jewelry for the average girl.  Everything is under $25, with most things around $20.  I think the fact that they are handmade makes it a little unique, too.   My pieces can be worn alone or multiple ones layered which mixes it up a little.



P to P: How long have you been making/designing jewelry?
BS: Since high school…as soon as I realized I could make things myself instead of buying them for a ridiculously marked up price.



P to P: What is your ultimate passion?
BS: I just love to create things…I'm totally "artsy fartsy"  Whether jewelry, knitting, painting, random DIY projects around the apartment..if I'm crafting, I'll be happy. I also love my kitties and my boyfriend.



P to P: What are 3 things about yourself that no one would expect to hear?
BS: 1. I hate onions but I LOVE french onion soup. 2. I'm a huge nerd (although people probably already knew this about me..). I just finished reading the 5th Game of Thrones book….yep. 3.  I only have ONE country song on my iTunes, but I've been listening to it on repeat! (Dirt Road Anthem by Jason Aldean)



Thank you to Shanna, the designer behind these incredible pieces, for answering some questions for us, and now I'm going to add to my cart full of Brooklyn Stars items!






CLICK HERE to LIKE this blog on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment