A lifestyle blog for those that love fashion and style, cooking and baking, event planning and entertaining, interior design and decor, and every little thing in between...

Monday, January 2, 2012

Jul's Gems

As my first post in 2012, I'm going to start with what I will now be doing once a month. I will be writing a post titled Jul's Gems.  These gems will consist of my favorite items at the moment, my must-haves, those things that are getting me extremely excited at the present time. I hope you all had fabulous endings to your 2011 and I hope 2012 is even more fantastic. And with that, my first edition of Jul's Gems...

1. Nars Roman Holiday - This is my lipstick obsession at the moment.  Now, I know sometimes when you hear lipstick you think 'thick,' 'matte,' 'not as sexy as gloss,' but not this one.  This is their sheer lipstick line, which goes on so smoothly, does not feel heavy on the lips, and it wears well all night long.  This color in particular is my favorite. It is the perfect shade of pink that adds a little extra something and brightens up any outfit.  I can't get enough of this lipstick and if you think pink is just too much for you, with over 25 shades to choose from, you're bound to find something you love. However, I do dare you to try pink.



2. Prada Candy Perfume - I usually don't like to share my perfumes of the moment because I like to wear one that not everyone has, BUT I couldn't resist sharing this one with you because it is the most incredible smelling perfume, and it would be a waste to not share it. A few months back I purchased Prada's Candy perfume and I'm pretty sure this is one I'll be wearing for a long long time. It includes my favorite ingredients of musk and vanilla (amongst many other delicious ones). If you're in the market for a new perfume, take my word for it, and go buy this one. You'll be extremely happy you did, as will those around you.



3. Belle Fleur Flowers - My new favorite place to get flowers delivered from for gifts is Belle Fleur in NYC.  Their flowers are unmatchable and so perfect for any occasion.  While they may be a bit pricier than you're looking to spend when sending flowers, they are more than worth it, and your recipient will absolutely agree.  One of my favorites currently on their site is from their 'Pure' collection.



4. Pocket Watch Necklaces - Lately, I can't stop looking at pocket watch necklaces (no, not the kind that actually work - just the kind that look so cute on anyone's neck).  I think they are a perfect combination of a vintage, stylish look.  Either go raid your grandma's jewelry drawer or go buy one of these: from ModClothSosie, or any vintage store.




Until next time for Jul's Gems...




CLICK HERE to LIKE this blog on Facebook





No comments:

Post a Comment