A lifestyle blog for those that love fashion and style, cooking and baking, event planning and entertaining, interior design and decor, and every little thing in between...

Thursday, May 17, 2012

the best way to eat bananas


I love banana everything and anything. Plain bananas, banana sorbet, banana bread, and so on and forth. As I mentioned here, chocolate and candy covered bananas has been on my 'to make' list. Well, this past weekend I jumped right in and made them for a Mother's Day BBQ I went to back in New York. While they didn't turn out exactly how I imagined them to, they still turned out delicious. I pretty much made up a recipe as I went along, but there really wasn't much to it. It was extremely easy to make and fun at the same time.


Ingredients:

  • 6 bananas (cut in half)
  • 2 bags of semi sweet chocolate chip morsels
  • 4 different types of candy (you choose what kind and how much)
    • I chose plain M&M's, peanut M&M's, Kit-Kat, and Snickers

Directions:
  • Crush up all the candy. I put each type of candy into a plastic bag and mashed them up with my hands, and a spoon for the tougher ones.
  • Put each type of crushed up candy into its own bowl.
  • Melt chocolate (in the microwave is easy enough).
  • Cut bananas in half.
  • Line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper.
  • One at a time, dip the banana halves into the chocolate and then into the candy of your choice.
  • Lay them on parchment paper.
  • Make sure all are covered sufficiently enough with candy, and if not, go back and sprinkle more on top.
  • Put in the freezer overnight (or until chocolate is hard and attached to the bananas).
  • Enjoy.






CLICK HERE to LIKE this blog on Facebook
CLICK HERE to follow on Twitter



 

No comments:

Post a Comment