A lifestyle blog for those that love fashion and style, cooking and baking, event planning and entertaining, interior design and decor, and every little thing in between...

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

time to stir fry

seasoned chicken

Last night was my second time to cook in the new apartment, and I made a chicken-vegetable-rice stir fry dish that was easy to make and extremely flavorful. I did it in stages, drank some red wine in between, and in no time, I had a home cooked (healthy) stir fry dish ready to devour. I cheated part of the way (yes, I'll admit, I'm a huge fan of frozen veggies if seasoned properly), but it still turned out extremely delicious. You can add or subtract anything you'd like to a simple stir fry meal, but I must say, the combination I put together last night could be my current favorite.

onions before being sautéed and seasoned 

Ingredients:
  • 1 box Near East Brown Rice Pilaf
  • 1 bag frozen broccoli 
  • 1 bag frozen peas + carrots 
  • Chicken breast (however much you'd like), cut into small pieces
  • 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt + pepper
  • 1 packet Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
rice pilaf

Directions:
  • Cook the rice pilaf (easy to microwave - add rice pilaf and seasoning packet, 3 1/4 cups water and 1 tbsp olive oil to one big bowl, microwave for 30 minutes, stir) and set aside, covered
  • Saute chopped onion with olive oil, salt, pepper, and set aside covered
  • Heat frozen veggies in microwave, season with dressing mix 
  • Prepare chicken in a baking dish with olive oil, salt, pepper, and dressing mix
  • Bake chicken in a preheated (at 350 degrees) oven for 20-30 minutes (depending on how much chicken and size of each piece)
  • Cut chicken into small pieces 
  • Combine all components together in a big bowl and enjoy
stir fry sans chicken

stir fry with chicken



CLICK HERE to LIKE this blog on Facebook
CLICK HERE to follow on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment