A lifestyle blog for those that love fashion and style, cooking and baking, event planning and entertaining, interior design and decor, and every little thing in between...

Monday, May 7, 2012

printed shorts

As I've mentioned, the heat in my new state is a bit much for me to handle at the moment, but as I've also said, the high temperatures allow me to wear lightweight clothing all the time (which I love) - shorts, dresses, and the like. This weekend I was in Austin for my cousin's wedding and Friday during the day I wore one of my favorite pair of shorts. They are printed and as you've read previously here and here, I'm all about print. Whether it's a printed top or a printed bottom or a little mix of both, I think it's a fun way to spruce up an outfit. I know many people who really just prefer to stick to solids and are a bit nervous to jump into the land of prints, but there are ways to wear them without it being too much and so overwhelming. If a printed blouse or dress is too much for you to bear, wear a printed scarf or try printed shorts with a plain tee or tank.





James Perse tank top, similar printed shorts from Bloomingdale's, similar locket necklace from Miss Selfridge, various bracelets from Jennifer Miller and Brooklyn Stars, Hermes enamel bracelet, Michele watch, Kooba bag or similar one hereJ.Jill sandals, Ray-Ban sunglasses

and more printed shorts...

from GUESS

from Tibi





CLICK HERE to LIKE this blog on Facebook
CLICK HERE to follow on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Oh Texas. It's so super hot there. Every time I visit, I just want to peel my skin off. LOL. I love your printed shorts and the orange pair you shared. Very cute.

    Vonae Deyshawn
    www.myvirtueplace.com

    ReplyDelete