A lifestyle blog for those that love fashion and style, cooking and baking, event planning and entertaining, interior design and decor, and every little thing in between...

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

sparkle, shimmer, and shine

With New Year's Eve being just a few days away (where did 2011 go? I don't know), the ladies are starting to put together their fabulous NYE ensemble.  Depending on plans, it may be anywhere from comfortable clothes (if you're staying in the confines of your own home) to a dazzling dress (if you're heading to a party).

Now, I feel NYE is the PERFECT excuse to add some glitz to your 'everyday' outfit.  Of course, if your dress code for NYE is 'Sunday casual' you may think you can't really do this; oh but you can (and should). I, personally, love sequins (to a degree). If too many sequins or the wrong type of sequins, it will never work, but with the right amount, placement, and style - you're golden!

This NYE, since my plans are on the more 'casual' side, I will more than likely be rocking my black cropped sequined blazer (from Pookie & Sebastian), dark skinny jeans (from J Brand), a white ribbed tank (from James Perse), black patent shoes of some sort, and minimal jewelry. Now it's your turn, and for some ideas (all are from Alice + Olivia because when I think sequins and shimmer, this is immediately where I go)...








CLICK HERE to LIKE this blog on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment